Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pulling together

It was great to be a part of the Commissioner's Review today. I was on the Assessment Interview Team along with a number of my respected colleagues. It is always a humbling experience to be counted among so many educators who I admire and whose manner and professionalism I work so hard to match.

It reminded me quite a bit of the SALT visit when I and the other members of the SIT team sat with the SALT visiting team for our interview. Despite my anxiety around the whole SALT week, at that moment I truly felt comfortable with those great teachers and administrators by my side. I felt that same sense of camaraderie this morning.

Looking back at the careers that I held before becoming a teacher, I realize that I can't remember a moment in the private sector that I felt that way. I always worried that my colleagues would throw me to the wolves or knock me over to get ahead.

It makes me realize just how lucky I am to be a teacher and how doubly lucky I am to be at NPH.

No comments:

Post a Comment